Milestone Benefits Disclosures
Purpose of this Notice
At Milestone Benefits Agency, Inc. (MBA), we understand your concerns about privacy. We hope this notice, which describes our use and protection of nonpublic personal information (“customer information”), will help you understand how we treat the customer information we obtain from you or other sources in the course of providing you with our insurance products and additional services. Furthermore, we wish to inform you that we do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated third parties for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law unless we obtain your affirmative permission.
Whether you’re doing business with us through an agent, broker, or our Website, we want you to know that MBA respects your privacy and protects your information.
- We do not sell your customer information.
- We do not share, loan or give customer information to persons, companies, or organizations outside of MBA that would use that information to contact you about their own products and services.
- We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep customer information confidential and to use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform. Within MBA, we communicate regarding the need to protect your information to those individuals who may have access to it, and we’ve established physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer’s information.
As a part of our normal operations we collect, and in some cases, disclose information about you. We encourage you to read the following Privacy Statement that contains information about MBA policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and protection of your information. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Statement, we encourage you to send confidential correspondence through the postal service.
What information do we collect?
Personal, Financial, and Product Information
We collect personally identifiable information in order to identify and register you as a MBA customer. In addition, we collect personal, financial and product information in order to provide you with services tailored to your particular needs. By learning about you, MBA can deliver more relevant protection and product offerings and thus offer you better insurance and options.
The information we collect will vary depending upon the function or processes you select or request. Depending upon the function, product or process you select (for example, quote, request for proposal, e-mail, purchase), you may be required to provide information such as: Name, Address, Birth date, Phone number, E-mail address, Policy(ies) Type(s) & Numbers(s), Social Security Number and Tax ID Number
What kind of customer information do we have, and where did we get it?
Much of the customer information we collect comes directly from you. When submitting your application or request for insurance or other products and services we offer, or in requesting an insurance quote, you may give us information such as your name, address, driver’s license number and Social Security number. We also keep information about your transactions with our affiliate, others, or us. For example, the types of products and services you purchase from us, premiums, policy account balances and payment history. We also may collect information from outside sources, including customer reporting agencies, and/or health care providers or reporting agencies such as the Medical Information Bureau (MIB). This information includes loss information reports, motor vehicle reports, credit reports, and medical information.
Categories of Information We May Collect
We may collect information directly from you and from other sources in order to provide the products and services you have requested, to service your policy, and to determine your eligibility for other products and services. We may collect the following categories of information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, or other forms and other oral, written, or electronic communications, such as your name, address, Social Security number, assets, income, and medical information;
- Information about your transactions with us, or others, such as transaction history, policy coverage, premiums, payment history, and claims history;
- Information we receive from third parties, including consumer reporting agencies and persons providing services in connection with your transactions, such as credit reports, loss history, driving records, and medical claims;
- Information collected from our Internet websites, such as information you provide to us and information necessary to manage your online session with us; and,
- Information we obtain from health care providers about your past and current health condition.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose information about you to third parties, except as required or permitted by law. For example, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose information contained in applications and other forms that we collect, as previously described, to the following types of third parties for the reasons described:
- To a third party to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us;
- To an insurance company, agent, or insurance support organization, or self-insurer to detect or prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction
- To an insurance company, agent, or insurance support organization to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
- To a medical care provider in order to verify coverage or benefits;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, or law enforcement or other governmental authority to prevent or prosecute fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities; and
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience.
In addition, where permitted by law, we may disclose the information we collect about you, as previously described, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and to other financial services companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
How is this information used?
The information you submit to us via our on-line forms and e-mail is used to provide you with the response or service you have requested. We may also use this information to contact you about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can write us, e-mail us or simply reply to any e-mails you receive from our employees informing us of your desire to be removed from our mailing lists.
Who has access to this information?
In order to better serve your particular needs, MBA, its employees, and certain companies working on MBA behalf have access to this information. This information may also be disclosed to third parties without your consent if disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MBA, its users or the public. We may also provide limited information about you to third parties without your permission when necessary or appropriate to service an insurance policy we have issued (e.g., inquiries from lien holders or additional insured’s listed on the policy) or to address claims submitted under a policy we have issued.
In addition, we may, as permitted by law, provide information about you without your permission to certain persons or organizations, such as: your agent or broker; insurance support organizations; other insurance companies in order to perform their function in regard to an insurance transaction involving you (i.e. a claim); independent claim adjusters; businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies; regulatory and law enforcement authorities; or affiliated companies, if any.
What are your options regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
Any information you submit to us via written applications, or website’s on-line forms or e-mail is done so on a voluntary basis. When you access our site in this manner, the collection, use, and distribution of your information will be handled according to the terms and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement. If you object to the collection, use, and distribution policies outlined in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you do not submit information.
What are you options regarding correction or storage of your information? You may either personally see, or obtain from us by mail, the information about you in our files. If you believe the information we have about you in our records or files is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request via telephone or a postal mail letter that we make any necessary additions or corrections or, to the extent that it is feasible, that we delete this information from our files.
Links and Co-Branded Sites
Please note that the insurance companies that issue your policies may have personal information about you. Our Notice does not govern their use of information about you. You should review the privacy notices of your insurance providers to understand how they collect, use and disclose information.
Milestone Benefits Agency, Inc. (MBA) receives compensation from insurance carriers and other benefit administrators. Such compensation varies depending on the insurer, benefit administrator and/or coverage line. MBA may also receive additional compensation from the insurer or benefit administrator based upon other factors such as premium volume placed with a particular insurer. Additional information regarding compensation paid to MBA is available upon request.
PO Box 2038
Powell, Ohio 43065
Hours of operation: